CASABLANCA/ SIDI BERNOUSSI
Information About The City Of Casablanca
- Casablanca (White House) is a city in western Morocco, located on the Atlantic Ocean.
- It is the capital of the Grand Casablanca region.
- Casablanca is Morocco's largest city as well as its chief port. It is also the biggest city in the Maghreb region. The 2004 census recorded a population of 3,500,000 in the prefecture of Casablanca and 6,000,000 in the region of Grand Casablanca.
- Casablanca is considered the economic and business center of Morocco, while the political capital city of Morocco is Rabat.
- Casablanca hosts headquarters and main industrial facilities for the leading Moroccan and international companies based in Morocco. Industrial statistics show Casablanca retains its historical position as the main industrial zone of the country. The Port of Casablanca is one of the largest artificial ports in the world, and the largest port of North Africa. It is also the primary naval base for the Royal Moroccan Navy.
- The Mayor of Casablanca is Muhammed Sacit.
- Sidi Bernoussi is a district and suburb of northeastern Casablanca, in the Grand Casablanca region of Morocco.
- The district covers an area of 38.59 square kilometres (14.9 square miles) and as of 2004 had 453,552 inhabitants.
- It contains the football club Rachad Bernoussi, established in 1961.
Sidi Bernoussi became the twin town of Beyoğlu on the 3th of July in 2008.
Since 2006 Beyoğlu Municipality realizes youth exchanges in collaboration with the Ministry of Youth and Sports of Morocco.