Smart City Beyoğlu
The Smart City Automation System is a specific IT software programme written specifically for Beyoglu Municipality, where all informations concerning citizens, buildings, streets are collected in a digital database. Beyoglu Municipality’s IT staff of 120 persons has worked for 6 months, day and night in order to complete the digital archiving about all the bureacratic informations about Beyoglu and its’ citizens. Within this system, Beyoglu Municipality’s systematic documents records were all transferred into digital archives and Beyoğlu citizens’ facilities, demands were identified and solutions were proposed in a short period. This system enabled to understand the needs of the citizens online, to solve the problems occured with the contributions of the residents, to determine the physical conditions of the district, and also to acquire information concerning the socio-economic tissue of Beyoglu.
The Smart City Automation System Process started in March and have been completed in September 2010 with all of its stages and put into operation. In 45 neighborhoods of Beyoğlu, 27.894 buildings, 131.777 houses, 43.132 workplaces have been inquired through surveys of 120 questions and all data regarding Beyoğlu have been collected.
Thus, Beyoğlu Municipality has converted its’ activities with Smart City Automation System into human focussed structures in which Information Technologies have been used at the highest level. Within the “Smart City Automation System Process” Project, “Management Data System Automation”, “Geographic Data System” have been set into operation. With such a system instaured, these applications running on single database, it is now possible assess and evaluate everyone living in Beyoğlu with their residences or workplaces, to accelerate the bureaucratic operations of the citizens, to solve their problems and to meet their requirements.
As the result of this project; the current maps of Beyoğlu, Cadastral Maps and Development Plans have been combined with Beyoğlu citizens’ information. Field and inventory surveys including whole Beyoğlu have been conducted, social structure analyses have been made and the problems were stated. Solutions will be defined with the citizens. With the transfer of all the archives into digital environment, the Municipality reached a modern infrastructure.
The Benefits of Smart City Otomation Systems (AKOS) for the Municipality
- A viable data infrastructure system is built, the use of the automation system has accelerated with more efficiency the function system of the Municipality
- The integration of all units has been maintained
- Municipality defines its’ priorities according to the results of viable informationin, updated data and analysis.
- Municipality knows precisely its’ sources and needs and defines a better ressource and needs management.
- Municipality makes better source management by determining its.
- For all the provisions brought by the new legislations, the required bases are prepared, the issue of Strategic Plan Making for instance. The applications which enables the questioning, detailing and analyzing with multiple dimensions are exposed to the use of the Municipality.
- Income rationalization is executed.
- Information based management process is executed (Governance).
- Municipality reaches the level to offer new added values to its’ residents.
- The working motivation of the municipality’s personel, trained about the new applications implemented on contemporary technology becomes higher.
- The Municipality’s processes becomes standard and transparent.
The Benefits of (AKOS) Smart City Otomation Systems for the City Dweller
- The Municipality and its services are accessible from everywhere without being dependent on any place.
- Applications which facilitate the citizens lives are implemented.
- Citizens meet standard and equal services.
- The bureaucracy which arises from the lack of knowledge and coordination in service process doesn’t exist.
- Citizens becomes universal citizens who benefit from contemporary applications and obtain services.
- A very important source concerning civil society projects is provided.